so i finally jumped on the mac os wagon & got myslef macbook w/ leopard on it …. & yes, i love it!
here’s a list of hacks / best apps, utils i’ve discovered so far:
* best mac apps- courtesy of matthias (thx!)
- perian - play Divx, Xvid, AVI and other movies in quicktime (or via Front Row)
there’s always VLC – bets video player for mac & windows
- sofacontrol - control most of ur mac apps via the remote!
- adiumx.com - chat – all IM mac clients in ONE
- music rescue – ipod recovery
- handbreak / mac the ripper – dvd ripper for mac
- download manager: igetter with flashgot in firefox – avail for windows too
- xslimmer.com - slims down mac os
- Quicksilver - i’m not quite sold on this one yet, but then again haven’t used it yet
- Cocktail / CandyBar - simple mac os tweaks / customize your icons
- genius – helps you remember things
more links: 10mac apps, Top 100 Mac App, 35 Absolutely Essential Mac Apps, The Ultimate Mac Apps List
* beginer’s video guides to mac:
- leopard features video … an impressive newest mac os overview, especially the iChat stuff
- An Orientation to Mac OS X – surprisingly couldn’t’ find intro video tutorial to mac os on the apple website, so found this instead … it’s tiger, but still very informative for those who never used mac os before.
ps: one thing i can’t seem to figure out is how to maximize a window via keyboard shortcuts after you minimize it to the dock …. anyone?