so you made a mistake of upgrading your iPad / iPhone to iOS 4.3.5 / 5.0.1 – You applied jailbreak via Cydia and now iBooks crash (& you didn’t backup your SHSH).
[update 12/29] how to fix iBooks 1.5 on untethered iOS 5.01 :
– redsn0w 9b10+ (if not latest patch with corona 1.3)
– install fresh iBooks 1.5 (i’ve updated on device)
– install iBooksFix2 from repo.inanelyi.com
[update 11/1] how to fix iBooks on jailbroken iOS 5 (need to be jb literate)
you’re not alone, this is a well known issue. unfortunately because it affects iOS 5 beta as well. i have a feeling, our heros: comex & ih8sn0w – will wait until the final iOS5 to fix this issue (cat & mouse game jb community & apple play every year …). there isn’t seem to be a solution, i’ve tried to downgrade to earlier version of iBooks – they all crash (1.2 1.3) & 1.1 opens, but no books show & you can’t even complete a sample download.
well, thx to @raktim_rakzzz i have a solution for ya:
– use pwnage tool to cook up a custom ipsw firmware & jailbreak your iPhone / iPad
– instructions here (mac)
– instead of 4.3.4 (mentioned in the instructions above) use 4.3.5 bundle – get at pwnbundles.com
ps: if you have iPad 3g … like me, you’re out of luck😦 – 4.3.5 upgrades to firmware 07.11.01 which doesn’t support this fix
last resort is to downgrade to 4.3.3 via iFaith (win only)
ps: or … use this free epub reader app – Bluefire … until final iOS 5 fix comes out (thx to sinful)